Hideo Baba promised to make this a “Tales of filled year” for the fans in the west with “a lot of surprise announcements”. A part of this is the upcoming localized release of Tales of Xillia on August, 9th in Europe. But with the recent announcement that there will not ever be a localized PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia, despite being up quite high on the fans most wanted list and even spawning a campaign for a western release, the list of possible surprises continues to get shorter and shorter.
Let’s take a look at everything that we won’t get:
- Dual-audio for Tales of Xillia
- The PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia
- Tales of Innocence R
- Tales of Hearts R
And opposed to that, the announcements we got so far:
- Digital version of Tales of Graces f which is more expensive than the retail version
- Tales of Xillia Collectors Edition with a mediocre figure of Milla and an incomplete OST
That leaves as possible candidates for future announcements:
- A localized Tales of-Social game
Quite an exciting prospect, isn’t it?